Sunday, January 24, 2010

Maybe not the Apollo

Well, since Council had requested amendments to the plans in the week prior to Christmas what has changed? Not much. Allworth closed down for a couple of weeks with sales staff coming back on line in the second week of the new year and the planning staff as of the 11th. Since then I have provided them alternative arrangement of their plans to try and meet Council requirements, which are : 1) too close to the back fence (STUPID MISTAKE) 2) not enough solar access set back on the NW boundary 3) reduce sqm 4) set garage back behind main building line (ANOTHER STUPID MISTAKE).
But no, of the 4 I suggested too them they couldn't make it work.
So then I start looking at other builder's for inspiration, particularly those that I know are building at Spring Farm. I got a typical "we are working on it" type response. Then painstakingly blowing things up on the copier at work and cutting and pasting onto a 1cm x 1cm version of the 15m x 30m block taking time to ensure appropriate setbacks. With these new layouts I realise that I can't even recall what the original plan looked like. So along with the new layouts I suggest that "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" as in since we are working on a new design, if you give us some nice extras you can photograph it when fitted out and use it on your brochure. NO CALL BACK.
So I ring and the SC is waiting to hear back from the SM about our offer but it's looking good, and now he just has to work on a concept plan that not only suits me but will be marketable.
SO you are telling me you've been back at work for 3 weeks, the designer guy for 2 and you still haven't put pen to paper?
Then to top it off the Bank calls and says you haven't used your money yet, we are six months post approval what's the GO? Well we can't retract the offer as it lasts for 12 moths, but we now require you to provide us a new plan which we need to assess as being equivalent to the one we granted the money to originally go towards. Of course you do... how silly would it be for you to give me all that money and you run the risk that should you need to sell it it's only a 2 bed cabin...
So... on Monday I will be commencing a testy call with the SM at Allworth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle