Monday, March 1, 2010

If I could back out, I would.

Last week rang the SM and had a go at him realizing that it was now over one month since I went in to meet the SC and picked the new design and had since then had to go back in and ask for the issues in the tender and draft plans to be corrected.
OK he says, I get where you coming from. I'll chase you new plans up make sure that are with the SC on Friday - go ahead make an appointment to review and sign off because they will be there.
So I do, and being that Saturday was my birthday and I had lots of running around to do I am lucky and offered the 10am first appointment. Great! And off I go, I'm there a little ahead of time and the SC follows me in. We sit down, having usual informalities, and I ask "So just before we get into it, are the plans here?"
NO he says - he goes and checks the bottom office, the reception/admin area, goes through my files in case someone was trying to be helpful. Sorry, but they're not here he says - why did you think they would be?
I explain what happened with the SM, and the SC apologizes profusely saying he had Friday off and didn't know I was coming, because if he had he would've done the follow-up on Friday afternoon and cancelled the meeting.
Today therefore I will be blowing it up the SM and looking to lodge a formal complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle