Thursday, May 20, 2010

Neighbouring colour scheme

Just for giggles, now I have found the Colour Visualiser, I thought I'd have a go at recreating the neighbour who is to our left. It's the house pictured in the nearmap.com shown below, and sits North of us. I used the same design due to its simplicity and the limited selection of single stories on the website.



In reality it is a much more a peach colour scheme but Colorbond doesn't have anything exceptionally close so I went for the burnt orange colour. Mum and I have nick-named it the Peach Palace. I do think it is a bit of a safe scheme and would have benefited from using Manor Red a least in the gutters and maybe fascia to liven it up.
I am sure at some stage I read that at Spring Farm that colour schemes had to blend with nature and so specifically terracotta red roofs were not allowed, but down on Minorca there is a red house. My Aunt told me that in Harrington Park, where they live, non-compliant colour schemes are issued with an order to be rectified, so since I'll have to drive past it daily in future I'll be interested to see if it's ever challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle