Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Great Flood

Last week, I can't remember which day, but I was driving home from work and I thought "ow what a great sky, I am sure it is going to look awesome from the portico". So I called my Mum and asked her to grab the camera, as my one in the mobile is broken (see below).

I hit the Oran Park/Gregory Hills intersection on Cowpasture Road and it is raining. I call home and ask about the rain. My Mum says it's pouring and she wants to show me something when I get out of the car.

I get home and OMG:

The sky was lovely.


But because the block out the back sits higher, the rain rushed down to my backyard and down the sides of the house. It also came from the side neighbours backyard as her landscaping isn't complete yet but because of the way Allworth excavated my block, it just...


Pooled around the house. The water tank is on the back wall.


And at worst it was above my ankles. I'm wearing my gumboots, which come up to my knees.


My Mum reported this to a Mirvac SS the next day, and he said he is going to look into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle