Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How to get rid of packing boxes for free

Off Richardson Road, Spring Farm, there is a facility called the Macarthur Resource Recovery Centre, otherwise known as Jack's Gully. Like a normal tip there is a fee, but if you have seperated recycling you can dispose of it for free. I got rid of a third of the boxes that were used to move in with, but it was raining and so I didn't get to read the full sign properly. From what I read though this includes plastics, paint tins, gas bottles, etc but not foam or building materials.

Also they sell mulch, so this is useful to know.

I'm going back and hopefully will get better info, but they are open every day until 4pm, during the week opening at 6am and 8am on the weekend, closed on public holidays and the like.

I figure if there is one in the Macarthur district there are others out there, so google it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle