Tuesday, April 6, 2010

4 more weeks before building commences!!!

How silly of me to get my hopes up, when the fools at Allworth Homes are involved.
I rang just a moment ago and spoke to the CSO to clarify what happens now, next, etc. So here goes.

Council DA was received on 1 April 2010. Good work Australia Post, up to usual standard. Top effort award goes to Allworth who got the Admin Assistant to check the PO Box that day, unlike other times.

The signed off revised tender was received today. Same remarks to Australia Post and Allworth as above.

Now we are waiting on a revised engineering plan. Then it goes to the certifier who gives a construction certificate, then we get you to come in and sign contracts... Hang on! WTF!

The contract, the standard HBA piece of work, initial at the bottom of these next few hundred pages, plus all the bleeding schedules that were attached, they were signed, I paid the bloody solicitor to sit there, it was signed you stupid idiots, it was signed on 29 September 2009, you know when we were scrambling for the FHOG because you morons took so long to get your act in gear in the first place.

So how long will this all take then, I begrudgingly ask...? Well, 2 weeks for the amended engineering plan then about a week for construction certificate.
You can't be serious? 3 more weeks? 3 more weeks! But wait there's more - my Mum who is co-owner is currently on a month long holiday, and guess what - she'll be back 8 May, so what you are saying is 4 weeks until we sign, and then you'll think about... oh I don't know, ordering landmoving equipment, building supplies, bookings trades...?!?!?!
I mean seriously, you bastards want another 2 weeks to get an amended engineering plan done? You've had since January with the same friggin house design to work that shit out, and now you want another 2 weeks. 
And lets just make it absolutely clear, when I asked those morons last week what needed to be signed before we could get things rolling, what did they say? Oh, just the revised tender. So we won't need a Power of Attorney from my mother because she will be away, overseas, out of this country until May? No, no they said, just the revised tender. 

I swear, I'm having conniptions as I type. I've got goose bumps, I can feel the blood draining from my head.

I shit you not I am going to speak to my Solicitor about this. For f*** sake, this is getting beyond a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle