Thursday, June 3, 2010

Still waiting on the Commencement Letter

I've been sick and sleep late, so it was unexpected that this morning I was woken by a call from the Customer Service lady. She advised that there's been some phone-tag between herself and the Mortgage Broker regarding the fact that the Lender doesn't have a copy of the contract signed off by both parties, and so could I call our Solicitor as we were having held there for safe keeping.
Long story short is, usually contracts are exchanged by the purchaser having a copy of the page with the vendors signature, and vice versa. So my Solicitor was happy with that, had given the Mortgage Broker access to our copy and thought that Allworth should simply come to the table by providing a copy of their page, i.e. our signatures. But no, they wanted us to just sign our copy and be done with it.
Well I don't know who was right or if anyone was right, so I thought just to keep things rolling I'd go and collect our copy, sign off on it, and drop it into the Mortgage Broker. It makes me a bit cranky more so because I was happy for it to stay in safe keeping (that is a fire-proof safe where law firms generally keep original documents of wills, contracts and the like, either indefinitely or for an agreed period of time, which for us was as long as the builder's warranty was in play). Also I'm a little bit peeved that the builder doesn't just think of us as first-timers and give us explicit instructions along the way instead of assuming we would figure it out.
However, all done now, the contract and it's annexures are with the Mortgage Broker. He'll get it off to the Lender tonight/tomorrow morning, and we should have the Commencement Letter issued Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle