Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wet area wall tiles are up

Tonight's stalking event identified that the wall tiles are up in the bathrooms, including the side of the bath, and the kitchen. Loving the ceiling high tiling from what I can see, the feature tile looks awesome and I think a bit darker than I anticipated but this is alright as it with balance the dark floors - I was beginning to worry the house would be very light and uninspired. The kitchen splashback also looks good though it isn't as albino coloured as I thought and picks up the light brown fleck in the benchtop. The splashback goes to the underside of the overhead cupboards s0 I think this looks quite effective. The rim around the front and sides of the portico also looks done. Photos to come this weekend.

In other stalking news I saw boxes of tiles piled up in the hallway so I am guessing they are for the floors and he portico.

Laundry tub still in its box, so I am wondering if the wall tiles in there are done now if this will mean it will be installed next.

My understanding is the painting will happen next from reading other blogs, but also from checking out a house under construction down the street. Their wall tiles were done last week and now their painting looks finished. Good news too is they started about 1 month earlier but now looks only 1 week ahead.

With 2 neighbours in the street already moved in, 1 house set-up for the driveway to be laid and likely to mean they will move in by the end of the month, it will probably mean five (of 16) residences being lived in by the end of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle