Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gutters up and Roof Tiles delivered

On Thursday night I went for my now usual drive after TAFE class and saw that nothing new had happened. Went again on Sunday and saw the gutters were up, so this must have happened on Friday! Sunday was also lovely weather.

The skinny window in the middle is the main bathroom and shows the plumbing.


This is the alfresco area, which will be concreted later as Allworth was quoting far too much for the work.


I went again this afternoon as I rang SS2 yesterday and have not received a call back. But last night's trip was cancelled as I injured my back on Sunday and was resting yesterday. This is the view out the front window. Ignore my car but if you look out towards the port-a-loo across the road you can see the townhouses being built at the bottom. This is the last row of houses before the Camden Bypass. Across the road will be single storey homes, and beyond that is a gradual downhill slope, so fingers crossed the view of the skyine will not be completely obstructed from this position. Also I am 5'3" and standing at the far end of the room so I taller person would be able to capture it a lot better.


The excellent news today however is that the roof tiles were delivered, so this indicates that the roof will be done first. I have a feeling that it is the team one block down that are currently completing a roof that will be doing it as the conveyor belt is in place and will only need to be swung around and the scaffolding relocated tomorrow when they finish. It was very hard to take a picture of the colour due to the late afternoon sky, but the sample photo in the slideshow displays it much better, these are really just evidence that I am not seeing things.




The weather outlook is good despite being overcast, so I am looking forward to the roof being done this week if progress continues going in my favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle