Friday, August 6, 2010

Second payment due and roof tiling started!

Wednesday afternoon I had the delightful call from Allworth to say the frame is finished and the second installment is due. The authority to pay went off in the post today.

My spy on the ground tells me that roof tiling looked like 80% complete at 5pm with just the corner capping to go. Therefore he predicts it should be finished tomorrow!

Going to organise an independent inspection next week for pre-internal linings as I was able to get inside construction the other day and noted a few split pieces where the nail has come through on a bad angle and my knowledge of poor construction is that those nails might be trimmed but the strut not replaced therefore not 100% integrity. Also not likely to spot the irregular bricks and the like so would prefer to get the professional in. Hopefully if the roof is finished this week a brick delivery should be planned for early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle