Friday, August 20, 2010

What a joke!

The Building Manager contacted me to tell me that an Independent Inspector is fine, but that they need to provide copies of all insurances, policies and cards, AND consult with the SS before going on site to arrange access (pfft the gate is never locked anyway which is why people keep dumping rubbish on the pile at the front).

I raised the issue of SS2 being uncontactable to which I was told he has been off with pnuemonia. And that's my problem how? They can send out a letter because of rain but can't have the same courtesy to say "Hi. Your SS is sick and please direct all contact to so-and-so until further notice" ???

The rain is my problem because even though I think everything is going swimmingly it may be that a painter was off work last week and therefore may have to catch-up and this has a ripple effect to me in about 4 weeks. So if a butterfly breaks wind in Tibet...

And he tells me that there is a limited supply of contractors. Again how is this my problem? I have seen them working weekends in Spring Farm, don't kid me. But unless I want to put a complaint in with Fair Trading he's not budging, but its only a letter to say there MAY be a delay, not that there WILL be.

Also the contract is deemed to commence from the end of the 4 week lead-up period, so if thee take 19 weeks, they take 19 weeks, if they need another, they can take that too. He only handles construction and isn't responsible for delays from other departments to date. Great.

So do you think I got anywhere on the concreting and retaining? NO I didn't. Apparently other builders or trades on their site will sue them if they have an accident. Well why does anyone bother to have insurance, seriously! They haven't allowed anyone in over 20 years of building to do work of that nature, maybe pools but not concreting. Well why have 'unless written approval from the builder' if you are never going to allow it? He never said never apparently.

Somebody get me a sedative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle