Sunday, August 15, 2010

Roof looks done, Bricks started!

The roof today looks almost complete except for te points where the scaffolding is attached, and maybe along the peaks the flashing looks like it is yet to be done. You can see the hole in the roof where the scaffolding is still attached.. The view is also from the front porch and because the neighbour in between won't stick out any further than my portico I am confident I'll keep this view to the south-west. The 4x4 is only temporary but a brick column will be built in it's place a little further towards the front of the property because the gutter juts forward over the portico. See the third picture down to get what I am talking about.


But what I am very happy to say is that the bricks have seen activity.


There is a nice big pile of bricking sand in the front yard.


Most of the way around there is two or three courses in place.


And the necessary mixed up piles of brick all the way around the house to ensure the batches are split up and colour variations are balanced all over.


I tried to call SS2 and leave a message to say I need to know when the bricking is expected to be finished because of bringing in an independent inspector, but the message bank was switched off, so that call will have to wait until this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle