Tuesday, October 19, 2010

18-10-10 Interim Occupation Certificate

In the mail I received the interim occupation certificate. The conditions on it are that landscaping and floor coverings are finished within 60 days, along with some general council conditions around preserving the street trees and ensuring the landscaping involves channelling the flow of water away from dwellings towards the street.

I went to the site in the afternoon to see if the tidy-up had happened as I hadn't had word from the MB if the valuation inspection had been conducted as Allworth had requested. But no cleaner than on the weekend so I am guessing no inspection.

Looking around all the internal taps are installed, a few minor touches such as the drain guards below the outdoor taps have been fitted to the pipes, and I noted for the first time the electricity earthing device which is located below the meter box coming up from the ground. I'm just happy I didn't kill myself as I had no iodea what it was went I bent over to read the tag and if it is anything unsafe it can't stay there as the dog will have a field day chewing on it.

I also noticed someone has kindly donated a microwave to the rubbish pile out front - it really makes me wonder when people do this as I am sure they wouldn't have been pleased had someone done it to them.

Also in an email I recveived a quote for landscaping, which included levelling the block, retaining the front and rear, providing garden soil and turf. No concrete though, no fences, no plants - so have a guess what it was... $12,500.00!!! I nearly fell backwards. So the hard work will be done by the family slaves, otherwise known as my uncle and my cousin's boyfriend, and me. With a 60 day dealine this will be tight, but since I have looked into it last night I'll be having galvanised steel H and C posts with treated pine sleepers as this is a matter of stringing, levels and concrete, and having soils delivered and renting a digger with a rotary attachment and a compacter and tilling it through. This will be preceeded by the concreting and the fences, which wil be done professionally.

From reading an excellent post on HomeOne I know the key to having a great lawn, despite the fact it is only going to be a small area, is firming the soil so as the avoid ditches developing as people walk over it (read earlier posts to familiarise yourself with my hatred of shoddy lawsn Mirvac is laying for the neighbours).

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle