Wednesday, October 20, 2010

CBA comes through for quick handover!

I received a call not long ago and was told by the Mortgage Officer that because the original home loan was for the house with floors that the remaining funds can't be released.

The good news is that the valuer recommended that because of what has gone on with the contract and that I have already sent through the invoices for the carpet and tiles, blinds and screens, and the solar electricity, that those funds and the final payment to Allworth be issued and that a final valuation inspection be completed after the floors go in. THANK YOU MR VALUER!!!

I am so grateful and lucky because potentially had the invoice for the floors not already been submitted the final payment would have been postponed until I had done so. But this means the final payment will be made by direct deposit and because Allworth holds their account with the CBA the funds will be through within 24 hours and at the earliest 9am tomorrow morning!

All round I am learning that anything essential not included in the contract be organised and locked in as early as possible particularly if it involves anything to do with your Council or the issuing of the occupation certificate.

The driveway and entertainment area need council approval before they can go ahead. This can take up to two weeks at Camden Council. But I rang and asked and I can have a 5.5m wide driveway so it will accommodate two cars in the drive, so this is good news.

The interim occupation certificate requires the landscaping done within 60 days.

I'm thinking there is nothing else, but this remains to be seen.

So I have sent an email to Allworth, as it is after business hours, and asked for arrangements to be made so handover happens by the end of this week and the fencing to be unlocked ASAP thereafter and removed by Monday. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle