Monday, October 25, 2010

First weekend

The tiling didn't start the weekend just gone as planned, but looks like it is going ahead today. I went out with my Mum and we took some stuff over, mainly cleaning products, toilet paper, and tea and coffee supplies so when the tradies are there they can use the facilities and maybe clean-up after themselves.

The toilet is hysterical. The fan comes on with the light and is fairly loud but with the door shut sounds like you are in a wind tunnel, or maybe even the sound a toilet on a plane or train sounds like when you flush - Welcome to flight SF2570 to Darwin, this is your Captain speaking. We are expecting a smooth flight with some occasional rain. Please sit back, relax and enjoy your time with us... hahaha.

Note to all - never have a door from the garage swing into the house which blocks the end of the hall to the living space or kitchen because it will irritate you no end as you have to open, enter, close and move forward. I am thinking if it would open out into the garage would be awesome but even hung to the opoosite side would be better.

Also not happy as I have a hatch with an antenna fitted to the roof and it gets caught going in and out under the roller door and swings something shocking so I hear it banging on the roof. I am wondering if this can be classified as a defect because no way a 4WD fits under.

The mud is atrocious after the rain and I have tracked much into the garage, but we couldn't find any loose fibro on people's rubbish piles, so I hope the tiler has a better time of it today. I'd say he should park in the garage but I don't know the van would make it.

1 comment:

  1. We have chosen a sliding door from Garage to the foyer so hopefully should be ok.
    I also have a hatch so am a bit worried although ours is a panelift door so will check with consultant if we get more/less clearance?

    ReplyDelete

my greenhill slideshow

It's the Brown roof in the middle